Ever find yourself needing a little extra help putting on compressions socks? Don’t have a tool around to help? No worries!
I’ll show you a FREE way to put on a compression sock without tools using only a grocery bag.
Compression socks are important for management of many common conditions. So, if you are in a pinch or just want a little extra help putting on compression socks, this technique can be a great way to continue to management your conditions with compression socks.
This technique will only require a plastic grocery bag and scissors. However, if you want a longer-term solution, you could consider a compression sock donning tool. If you want to see how these tools work, we’ve done another blog post on how to put on compression socks with a compression sock tool.
Estimated Time: 10 mins
Estimated Cost: Free
- Plastic Bag
- Stretch out plastic bag and cut an opening for bag
- Place compression sock over the bag
- Place foot and pull handles
- Pull the bag out and drop over your foot
Step 1: Stretch and Cut Opening for Bag
Holding the ends of a grocery bag in both hands, pull and extend the bag into a straight-line.
Using a pair of scissors, cut a large opening in the bottom of the bag leaving a large hole where the bottom once was. It is important to cut the bottom of the bag. You will need the handles on the top of the bag later.
Step 2: Place Compression Sock Over The Bag
Place the sock over the bag with the hole of the bag at the toe of the compression sock and the handles sticking out the top of the compression sock.
Step 3: Place Foot and Pull Handles
Now, carefully place your the foot into the opening of the sock and pull the handles on the bag until your foot is securely in the compression sock. Continue pulling the bag the rest of the way up the leg, which will pull the compression sock over the remainder of the leg.
Step 4: Pull the Bag Out
When the compression sock is all the way on your leg, pull the bag out the top of the sock and drop it off your foot.
Check the sock for wrinkles, pinches, or rolls to ensure it is on properly.
That’s it! A quick, free trick to putting on a compression sock using no tools.
Note: This post contains affiliate links that provide a small commission without any added cost to the user.
More Recent Posts
- How to Install a Bidet with a Raised Toilet SeatA simple bidet (like the Luxe Neo 120) can make a world of difference for improving thoroughness and accessibility of toilet hygiene. However, I recently received a request online on how to install a bidet with a raised toilet seat, a topic I have not addressed …
- How to Put on Compression Socks Without ToolsEver find yourself needing a little extra help putting on compressions socks? Don’t have a tool around to help? No worries! I’ll show you a FREE way to put on a compression sock without tools using only a grocery bag. Compression socks are important for management …
- My Favorite Arthritis Kitchen Tools for 2021Working in the kitchen with any condition that limits hand strength, coordination or dexterity can be a frustrating experience, especially for those suffering from debilitating conditions like arthritis. I have worked with so many people that have given up on their cooking or baking activities because …